Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July and 7th Anniversary!!


We did it! We made it through another year of marital bliss...or at least that's how I would classify it!! We did some of our usual traditions - pictures at the park, breakfast at my parents, BBQ at our place.

Our photo shoot was not on of the better ones we have had. Tanner was tired and crabby and really hardly smiled at all for any of the posed pictures, and in fact, screamed his head off for most of them. It is what it is and the kids had a blast making funny faces and then playing on the play structure when we were done. All in all, we had a good time and that's what's important, right?
There were also some "firsts" for the holiday. I grilled for the first time in my life! We had Poblano-Avacado Salsa Shrimp Tacos - YUMMY! I realized at one point that we were basically having a "Cinco de Mayo" meal for the 4th, but oh well - it was good!

My parents headed home before the fireworks and we got our blanket all spread out on the front lawn and watched the fireworks in our neighborhood for almost 2 hours. The kids were every excited in the beginning, but I think we were both pretty shocked when Tucker fell asleep in my lap and Lexi followed soon after. It was very sweet.

All in all, it was a good anniversary and I think we'll go ahead and shoot for 8!! I think we have a pretty darn good thing going here...

1 comment:

"T" said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! and I am so glad that you started updating the page again! I really enjoy your posts! : )