Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tanner Update

Even though I wish I could stop time somedays, it just keeps marching on. I can't believe that it's been 5 months since Tanner joined us. They say you "forget the pain" of labor as a mom. It's been 5 months and the memory of the so-called "joyous occasion" is still sharp in my mind.

It would be a rare feat indeed to be able to forget staring certain death in the face and prevailing! (and yes, I did just compare natural-childbirth to a near-death experience...walk a mile in my shoes before you judge!)

Anyhoo - back to the precious bundle that was our gift 5 months ago today...he's a doll! He is doing all the things he's supposed to be doing - eating cereal, sleeping through the night, trying to sit up, napping when the mood strikes him, loving on his big sissy and brother, etc., etc., etc.

Anyone who knows me knows I am so NOT Competitive Mom, but the boy is d*mn near perfect as far as I can tell. I was holding Tanner the other day as I looked at Tucker's screaming face in the naughty corner and thought "THAT comes from THIS?" I think not! But, I do remember, there were those days when my sweet little Tucker was just a compliant noodle too...how I long for those days again....

I am enjoying this milestone as it is one that has no added trip to the doctor's office for shots too. 6 months won't be such a nice day!

In the meantime, I am just going to enjoy the heck out of the "no moving, no talking, no DRAMA" days. Lord knows we could use them around here!!

No comments: