Monday, August 4, 2008

Decisions, decisions

I was faced today with a choice that I didn't want to make. In the past, I have always been a person who makes swift and solid decisions. I am not one to waffle, dawdle, or any other "-le word" when at a crossroad. I could even be accused of being a "leap and then look" type of personality. And let me tell you, there have been times that I landed flat on my back.

But for the most part, I am usually happy with my decisions. Oh sure, I "Monday Morning Quarterback" myself to death, but after painful, extensive and obsessive analysis, I usually conclude that yes, I made the right decision. And if I didn't, I can usually find a loophole to slip through to at least convince myself that it was the right decision. However I have to make peace with it, I will.

I think from now on I am going to trust in myself a little bit more. I am going to listen to the little inner voice that tells us when things are going the right way or the wrong way. I can't say that I will slow down my decision making process, but I think I will stop trying to second-guess myself all the time. I know what's right for me and I know what's right for my family.

Bottom line - I am going to embrace the voices that I hear! If that doesn't scare all of you, I don't know what will!

No comments: